Dover Real Estate
Dover is the capital and second-largest city in the state of Delaware. It is the county seat of Kent Count and the principal city of the Dover, DE area.
According to Dover’s website, www.CityOfDover.com, Delaware’s Capital, founded in 1683, reflects the values of a rich historic and culturally diverse small town with the public services and quality of life usually found in much larger locations.
A great place to live, work and play, halfway between New York and Washington, and within a few hours of one third of the nation’s population, Dover offers: low property taxes; tax abatement and permit incentives to qualifying businesses; and a state designation as a Downtown Development District.
World class health care, four institutions of higher education, great public schools, reliable public utilities, and, of course, tax free shopping make Dover even more appealing.
Dover’s Parks and Recreation offers a wide variety of activities for all ages year round including Old Dover Days – an annual festival promoting the state’s heritage and culture.
Dover also boasts the Great Dover Arts Council, a volunteer group of local arts enthusiasts, educators, parents and community partners whose mission is to enhance the quality of life in Greater Dover through artistic pursuits.
- Active Adult Homes – Retire to Delaware
- City of Wilmington
- Elsmere | Newport | Pike Creek
- Hockessin | Greenville | Centerville
- New Castle | Red Lion | Delta City
- Newark | Glasgow
- South of the Canal
- Appoquinimink School District
- Avon Grove School District
- Brandywine School District
- Caesar Rodney School District
- Colonial School District
- Kennett Consolidated School District
- Red Clay Consolidated School District
- Smyrna School District
- Unionville Chadds Ford School District